Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Alternative Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alternative Treatments Complementary and alternative medicine; natural and holistic approaches

Old Fri Apr 22, 2011, 01:12 AM

Homeopathy ?

Hi ppl,

Has anybody tried Homeopathy for MDS ? and if yes what was the outcome and results ?

has anybody also tried any other treatment besides allopathic (modern medicine) for MDS and with what reslults ?

Regards,
Neel
Father age 64 diagnosed with MDS RAEB-2, with 15%-18% blasts in October 2010. Only had blood and platelet transfusions. Ayurvedic treatment which showed result for arnd 5 months. Started Tahlidomide 100 mg started on 22 nd April 2011. Revolade 50 mg started on 2 nd april 2012.
Old Fri Apr 22, 2011, 01:50 AM

Hate to burst your bubble...

I'm going to have to play my "tough love" skeptic card here. When alternative medicine has been proven to work, it then becomes medicine.

Here is an article that you should read before anyone else chimes in:

http://www.skepdic.com/homeo.html

Save your money. Spend your time and resources on researching real science.(Professionals who submit their research to peer review)

I know you're looking for something to latch on to, we all are. But don't let charlatans make a living off of our suffering...we're better than that.

Last edited by Ryan Jay : Fri Apr 22, 2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: than
Old Fri Apr 22, 2011, 08:08 AM

Hi Neel,

I do use homeopathy, but not for MDS. I know of others who have had success with ITP, mostly with children. Homeopathy is very controversial in the allopathic medicine world as you can imagine. We use it mostly for "first aid" type issues. I was pretty much a skeptic until my GP suggested I use it for a bad cold/flu. I very rarely have to seek medical assistance but about two years ago, I was having a terrible time with a virus. So I called my doc but he was booked solid so he asked a few odd questions about my symptoms and suggested a homeopathic remedy. The response was rapid. With the first dose, I was able to sleep and second one cleared the throat problem completely. From then on, I felt there was something to this and have continued to learn more about it. BTW, he said if I did not get any relief, to go to an urgent medical clinic.

For something as deep-seated as MDS, you really need to work with a good homeopath. And then there various flavors of homeopaths. You need to give it at least 6 -12 months. I am currently working with classic homeopathic for menopause issues for the past six months and am seeing improvements in other areas as well. The biggest....hot flashes abated and seasonal allergies are dramatically improved.

We use a combination of allopathic and complementary medicines. The complementary therapies are very supportive for healing since they all pretty much focus on the person and not the disease. Homeopathy looks at the physical, mental and emotional aspects of the person.

Hope this helps.....
Marlene
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.