Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Thu Oct 23, 2014, 09:23 AM

Smile New member

Hi my name is Veronica, I am so happy to find this forum. I found out I have MDS in September 2014... Of course I knew nothing of this or even heard of it! And I had B/C twice this had small spot in my throat.. All good outcome.. But now I face what I do not even understand .. I try to keep optimistic and even a sence of humer where this is not funny!!! Start soon cycle 2 of chemo , I have pro with my dr on pain management!! I had a back injury and pain is worst and other pain and health problems wow just got neutropenia and landed in hospital
I could go on and on but you all may have been through some of the same... Thank you!!! I did surport
Old Thu Oct 23, 2014, 02:37 PM

Neutropenia - low neutrophils

Hi Veronica!
Good that you try to keep optimistic and seek info !

You have probably received info about low WBC when you started chemo (Vidaza?). Here is very good info - I try to live as I am neutropenic since neutropenic fever 2007. Don´t forget to control your temp every day! http://hopecancerclinic.net/yahoo_si...f.21921853.pdf
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
75 yo dx MDS Interm-1 2006. supportive treatment until 2010. Thalidomide with positive response 2010-2013. Now taking Revlimid but my response is decreasing.
Old Thu Oct 23, 2014, 03:45 PM

MamaS
You will find so much information on this forum. I think we all have had to go through the learning curve about Leukemia. Keep educating yourself, and ask you docs to explain what's happening in your body, and use this form for support and more clarification.

Blessings,
John in Portland, Oregon
John, 68, Portland, Or. Dx with CMML on 12/1/2013, 3 days before admission for SCT, blasts went to 23%, AML. Did 7+3 chemo regimen. The chemo worked and blasts are 1% and did BMT on 1/1/15.- 12/2/15, ongoing GVHD in eyes. Lung fungus and Bronchiolitis Obliterans (BO).