Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Thu Dec 5, 2013, 08:21 AM

Aplastic Anemia- lymphocytes increases slowly

Dear All,
Kindly Give your attention in my child case. It is very important to know your experience also.Here, All Doctor says that it is Aplastic Anemia, but not classic one. I mean to say, we have done total three biopsy test. In first biopsy test blast count was less than 5%, then doctor confirmed that it is Hypo plastic Anemia. In 2nd Biopsy(after 5 month) blast count was 6%. This time they confused with Leukemia and do all the test of Leukemia and concludes that, I have to repeat bone marrow biopsy again after one month to check whether it is Aplastic Anemia or Leukemia. They told if it is Leukemia then blast count will increase many times. They did 3rd Biopsy on November 2013. This time again blast count become 7%( in 2nd Biopsy it was 6%). This time blast count increases but not as generally happens in Leukemia cases. They all test for Leukemia and confirmed that although there is increased blast but it is not cancer cell. Finally, they confirmed this is Aplastic Anemia. Since last 7 month his WBC count is always above 6000, although neutrophil was between 500 to 1000. Also, his lymphocytes count is increasing slowly slowly. In May 2013 it was 70%, now it is 95%. Kindly share your experience please.

Regards,
Father
Old Thu Dec 5, 2013, 09:11 AM

For my husband, his WBC was low as well as his neutrophils. Typically, lymphocyte percentages are higher than normal in aplastic anemia while the neutrophil percentage is lower. I can't recall anyone who had a such a high WBC with SAA. That seems a bit unusual. Any chance he's fighting a viral infection?

Are his other lines, red blood cells and platelets, affected also? Aplastic Anemia is usually diagnosed when everything else is ruled out.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.
Old Thu Dec 5, 2013, 10:09 AM

I have no experience, and cannot advise on Aplastic Anemia, but I can understand your concern. Members on this forum are very supportive and may be able to guide you.
As far as doctors diagnosis is concerned, this seems to be something on which you may need to get alternative opinions including at AIIMS in Delhi and Tata Memorial in Mumbai. You can also meet Dr. S.H. Advani at Jaslok in Mumbai, he is one of the most experienced doctors in India. You can send me a pm if you need contact details.
Hope you will get a final diagnosis and treatment plan soon.
Old Tue Mar 25, 2014, 06:00 AM

Hi Mseth,

Could you please share some details for doctors in Delhi for treatment of MDS.
My mother have been diagnosed with MDS/MPN with blast count of 7.
I could not PM you as it is not enabled for me now.
ram.mohan84@gmail.com

Thanks in advance !!!
Old Wed Mar 26, 2014, 02:45 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamzs View Post
I could not PM you as it is not enabled for me now.
Try again. You should be able to send Private Messages to Mseth and to receive Private Messages as well.
Old Wed Mar 26, 2014, 03:52 AM

Hi Raamzs,

I have sent you an email at the id you provided. All the Best!!