Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Sat Mar 13, 2010, 05:37 AM

Dacogen during 5 days

Hi all,
Now the FDA approves 5 day dosing regimen for Dacogen® (decitabine):
http://www.eisai.com/view_press_rele...=147&press=251

16% of the patients showed an overall response that I don't think is very impressive compared to a little more than 50% with Vidaza but we still don't know anything about which patient that will get a good response.
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
Old Tue Mar 16, 2010, 07:34 AM

dacogen vs erlotinib

my husband william has been dx with mds raeb 2 his last bmb 2 weeks ago showed 17% blasts up from 10% last sept. so vidaza has stopped working. it was suggested at moffett cancer center yesterday to either try dacogen on the same schedule as vidaza or we could try a clinical trial for erlotinib we went with the clinical trial first to be bmb in 2 months they said if he showed improvement it would be quickly as he would need less transfusions as he is getting them weekely now if he does not imrove they will try the dacogen pray for us
Old Tue Mar 16, 2010, 02:23 PM

Erlotinib

Hi helen,
I can't find any results from studies on erlotinib in MDS patients but the drug has good effect on blast cells from MDS patients in vials. Hope erlotinib will kill your husbands blast cells!
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen c. View Post
my husband william has been dx with mds raeb 2 his last bmb 2 weeks ago showed 17% blasts up from 10% last sept. so vidaza has stopped working. it was suggested at moffett cancer center yesterday to either try dacogen on the same schedule as vidaza or we could try a clinical trial for erlotinib we went with the clinical trial first to be bmb in 2 months they said if he showed improvement it would be quickly as he would need less transfusions as he is getting them weekely now if he does not imrove they will try the dacogen pray for us
Hi Helen, Just wanted to say that you and I are going through similar circumstances. My husband had been on Vidaza for 15 months and it worked great until now. His platelets are to low to continue. We haven't had treatment for a month and we are still waiting to see if his platelets will come back up. So far, no. The doctor discussed dacogen but we are in limbo until his platelets are better. Our husbands share the same diagnosis Raeb-2. You are in my prayers. Feel free to write me at any time this is such a scary time. Wishing you well. Rose
Old Wed Mar 24, 2010, 05:01 PM

Low platelets

Hi Rose,
Have you read what Kirby has written about his treatment with the new drug Promacta for low platelets? The drug is only approved for the bleeding disease Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura bur Kirby managed to get it though he has MDS. I am hoping to get the drug myself.
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
71 yo, dx MDS Interm-1 May 2006, transfusion dependent, Desferal and Exjade for iron overload, Neupogen 2 injections/week for low WBCs, last platelet count 32, asymptomatic