Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > Bone Marrow Failure
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bone Marrow Failure Causes, treatment approaches, terminology, related diseases

Old Mon Sep 20, 2010, 11:33 AM

Aching legs and visible veins

I just wondered if this is a symptom anyone else has/whether it is associate with bone marrow problems. I have a small varicose vein developing, but there are alot more bigger, blue veins that I can see just under the skin which have developed in the last few months. Did anyone else get this as an early symptom?
cheers, j
Old Mon Sep 20, 2010, 06:12 PM

Varicose veins,too--lots of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by asurisuk View Post
I just wondered if this is a symptom anyone else has/whether it is associate with bone marrow problems. I have a small varicose vein developing, but there are alot more bigger, blue veins that I can see just under the skin which have developed in the last few months. Did anyone else get this as an early symptom?
cheers, j
Yes--my legs have developed many mini and larger ones; I did not have them before or at least didn't appear so darkly thru the skin. I wonder what this means.

How about getting very itchy skin? All of a sudden it wakes me at night--mostly on thighs, and upper arms. Can't imagine getting this reaction now from meds that I've been on since Feb 2010.
Old Tue Sep 21, 2010, 06:22 AM

Good morning all -

That is very weird that others have noticed that. I too have alot of pain in my legs. They just seem to hurt - and a heavy feeling. I also have small varicous veins now and can see the dark under the skin. Hmmmmm - Have a good day all.
Now have RAEB-2, Firbrosis 3+, blasts 18% peripheral, 10 - 14% blasts marrow, chromosomes now T 1:21, trisonomy 16 and 1.- Match found ---10/10 -couldn't believe when I heard - Tentative day is 1/09th!!!! Admit date changed to 11/12. WOW -
Old Tue Sep 21, 2010, 10:36 AM

leg veins and pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan L View Post
That is very weird that others have noticed that. I too have alot of pain in my legs. They just seem to hurt - and a heavy feeling. I also have small varicous veins now and can see the dark under the skin. Hmmmmm - Have a good day all.
Dear Susan L.--I have had lots of foot cramping and my legs feeling very weird; primary doc thought maybe restless legs; oncologist felt since my magnesium levels are very low, this caused cramping and strange feeling in legs. Taking supps but no rise in numbers. Last week while getting RBC tx, also got double dose of magnesium (4 mg) intravenously, and , my legs are feeling soooooo much better.

Are you aware of your mg numbers?
Old Tue Sep 21, 2010, 05:55 PM

Susansr

Hi - I dont know what my magnesium count is - I will ask next week when I start my treatment. My doc did mention that it was bone pain due to the MDS and the bone marrow. Not quite sure what it is but I do know that when I was starting to get sick again, I started having problems with my legs. It would be nice if the magnesium would help me, I definately will ask. Have a nice evening.
Now have RAEB-2, Firbrosis 3+, blasts 18% peripheral, 10 - 14% blasts marrow, chromosomes now T 1:21, trisonomy 16 and 1.- Match found ---10/10 -couldn't believe when I heard - Tentative day is 1/09th!!!! Admit date changed to 11/12. WOW -
Old Tue Sep 21, 2010, 09:47 PM

I notice a lack of stamina in my arms. I have to rest them more often when doing physical work. My legs often feel heavy, but that has only been in the last several months. Foot cramps too, top of my foot and toes. Bone pain, YUCK! Naprosen (sp?) works well for that on me. And veins more evident. I think that is related to my hemoglobin though.

Zoe
Old Thu Oct 7, 2010, 11:51 PM

So far my veins have been fine but I do get a lot of pain in my hips and legs. X-rays show no arthritis and it certainly isn't muscle aches. I have noticed that when my spleen is misbehaving that the pain in my legs is worse and I then get restless leg. At this point my HGL are still stable due to the VPA, so it isn't from low counts or getting tx.
Old Fri Oct 8, 2010, 02:27 AM

I get a lot of pains in my legs and restless leg, especially at night. My blood counts are good right now except for the platelets being a little low, but the pains persist.
Karen, age 62, dx MDS RAEB-2 1/8/10: pancytopenia WBC 2.7k/Hgb 7.4/Hct 22.1/Plt 19k; complex cytogenetics -3,del(5)(q14q33),-6,+8,+mar,17% blasts. MUD BMT Johns Hopkins 11/30/10. Dx tongue cancer 8/31/12. ok now. blog mausmarrow.com
Old Tue Mar 8, 2011, 10:16 AM

Take to Magnesium

I have the problem too.

My Doc. hat say me i have very few Magnesium.

THIS HELP REALY