Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Wed Dec 9, 2009, 09:52 PM

Cyclosporine Shortage?

I take 125mg cyclosporine twice a day. I usually get the generic version and order it in three month supplies from Medco. Lately I have only been able to get the brand name. Medco was able to supply the 100s that I need, but are unable to fill the 25s.

I have a similar story from Walgreens. They have to call several stores just to get me two weeks worth of the 25mg size.

Is anyone having similar problems or know anything about a shortage?
Dallas, Texas - Age 81 - Pure Red Cell Aplasia began March 2005 - Tried IVIG - Then cyclosporine and prednisone. Then Danazol, was added. Then only Danazol . HG reached 16.3 March 2015. Taken off all meds. Facebook PRCA group https://www.facebook.com/groups/PureRedCellAplasia/
Old Tue Mar 2, 2010, 12:25 PM

Are you still having that problem?

I get mine in Amarillo, but have only had a problem the first time or two. They would give me a week's worth, then I'd have to go back in to get the rest. Now I've got a standing order for it, so they call me to say it's in about a week before I need more.
Old Tue Mar 2, 2010, 12:36 PM

I had no problem getting the mail order refill for the 100s about two or three weeks ago. I have been able to eliminate the 25s for now. So I don't know if that is still a problem.
Dallas, Texas - Age 81 - Pure Red Cell Aplasia began March 2005 - Tried IVIG - Then cyclosporine and prednisone. Then Danazol, was added. Then only Danazol . HG reached 16.3 March 2015. Taken off all meds. Facebook PRCA group https://www.facebook.com/groups/PureRedCellAplasia/