Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 08:21 PM

Thumbs up Foods to Avoid

I read that dairy products including cheese, yogurt and milk do not have a good effect on platelet production. I thought that meat was good because it had healthy forms of iron, but I just ordered a book on curing Aplastic Anemia and it mentioned that meat was not good. Sugar, caffeine and alcohol also inhibit the production of platelets and blood production. There are heme and non heme forms of iron and I thought steak and oysters were rich in iron for blood production. However, I am unsure about this because I just read a great book that represents various ways of healing Aplastic Anemia through diet. Soda is not good either. I also read that salt is not good.
Organic vegetables are good but I read in another place that they should be steamed because they could injure the inside of your body.
Foods from Buffets may have germs that increase risk of infection. I have to order out at times and I often wonder if that is safe but I have no choice. Anyway this is the info I have found.
It is also good to chew your food thoroughly and to avoid overeating or eating late at night. I just purchased an interesting book on eating to cure aplastic anemia and believe it is wonderful. I've decided to try some of the new juice remedies ASAP. This particular juice concoction is supposed to help increase platelet counts. Out with the negative of the Doctor saying She thinks I will need a bone marrow and into the positive of Taking Control of My Condition.
Old Sat Feb 16, 2013, 02:48 PM

One week early after my ATG treatment my parents visited/ took care of me. We ate very rich food- steak and eggs. I ended the week with gout. I visited the Dr and she said gout is very common with SAA. Be careful with the amount of protein to avoid gout. Where did you order the book from?
Old Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:15 PM

I ordered the book from ConquerLowPlatelets.Com

There are nice juice recipes in it to help preserve and increase platelet counts. I cheated a bit and didn't go by the timing regime. I also added frozen strawberries to sweeten the vegees'. At least it is healthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdavi71416 View Post
One week early after my ATG treatment my parents visited/ took care of me. We ate very rich food- steak and eggs. I ended the week with gout. I visited the Dr and she said gout is very common with SAA. Be careful with the amount of protein to avoid gout. Where did you order the book from?
Old Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:25 PM

Healthy Diet

There was interesting advice on vitamins and foods that help increase platelets. The book costs $45, but I believe that it is well worth it. I am just not going to start the herbal remedy listed because that could have dangerous or adverse reactions with cyclosporine. However, I may consult a doctor about taking them if all else fails. Either way I still purchased the foods for the juice diet. The juice diet was dull so I cheated and added sweets but it is better than junk food. The author said this diet can be followed for days but I think it wise to consult with a doctor or nutritionist. Either way I am going to give the diet a try.
I also found foods online that were healthy and decided to mix the diet up now and then. Strawberries are good but my doctor told me it wasn't good to eat anything from the ground that isn't cooked thoroughly. I am staying at a hotel so I decided to buy frozen strawberries and to heat them in the microwave first. Berries have antioxidants and should be cooked first.
Vitamin C helps not only to increase platelets but to preserve platelets.
Good luck to eating healthy. I was and still am unsure of meat. That one I must look into because this book mentioned meat not being healthy. I guess I will have to ask the doctor or look into other veggie' diet intake.
Eggs, bread, sugar, yogurt and rice are not good for platelets. The doctor said I was allowed one glass of wine, but I think I will refrain from that because alcohol is a big killer of platelets. Coffee is also a big "killer" of platelets so I have opted to have one or two cups in the morning. Good luck to you and your diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdavi71416 View Post
Old Fri Apr 19, 2013, 07:03 AM

People with AA should not drink coffee or wine at all..... People with AA should not eat microwaved food. Take out food is bad too. Unless you find a restaurant that uses all organic food and cooks with no oil, salt, or sugar; which i don't think is possible. I am reading Bruce Landes book titled AA and autoimmune diseases right noe and he supplemented his diet with occasional small amounts of organic meat and dairy for protien. Marlas red counts also rose after she added organic meat into her diet. I have eaten a 75% percent organic raw food diet for the past 16 months and have not gotten sick from it. I believe with all of my heart that is the only reason I am alive today is because of all of the raw food and juicing I have done, because I have refused all chemo and steroids. Please please please take extra extra care of where you purchase your food from and what you put in your mouths while you have AA.. it is of grave importance. It could mean the difference between life and death. Good Luck and best wishes to all.