Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Pediatrics
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pediatrics Treatment for juvenile patients

Old Mon Dec 28, 2009, 06:10 PM

Low WBC and BMB Results..Please help me understand!!

Hi all..I am new to this and am really confused as to what is going on with my 5 year old..I have her FLOW cytometric results and was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to whether they are normal or not...My daughter who is 5yrs old had a Bilateral BMB..The results say the PLI ( I am assuming that means Left) is CELLULAR WITH 1 % BLASTS...The PRI results are HYPOCELLULAR WITH - BLASTS...Flow reads: LEFT SIDED SPECIMEN A POPILATION OF MATURING B CELLS THAT COEXPRESS CD45 (INTERMEDIATE/BRIGHT) CD19, CD20 (VARIABLE) AND CD10 (SUBSET)...There is nothing that says anythin about her right side FLOW Results and I dont get that...What does all that mean??.What is suppose to be a normal CELLULARITY for a 5 year old..I think it means she has HYPOCELLULAR on her right side biopsy..Her WBC has been low for over a year and her monocytes have been high for over a year as well and her platelets bounce and so do other blood tests..She was diagnosed with a rare disease called CRMO..We are going to get a second opinion next week with a Hematologist and a new Rheumetologist..She has lost 3 lbs in the month of Dec and her ped is concerned with the LOW WBC and weight loss...I dont know what to think.Everytime I google Low WBC MDS comes up...Can someone please help...Thank You all and I am wishing you well!!!
Old Wed Dec 30, 2009, 05:47 PM

I'm not familiar with CRMO but wonder if your daughter is on any meds for it that effect bone marrow? A second, and even third opinion is a good idea. Many things can cause low WBC other than MDS so you really need a good doc who can put all the pieces together especially since she has CRMO.

I can't help you regarding the BMB results but there are others who may be able to give some insights.

Take care,
Marlene
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.
Old Sat Jan 2, 2010, 08:13 AM

Hi and thank you for the reply...At the time of the biopsy my daughter did not have a dagnosis..She was not on any medications at the point other then Tylenol or Motrin...
I am definately taking her for a second opinion..Even tho I know she could have something other then MDS I fear that this is what it is...
Thank You for responding..I am hoping all is well for you..Hope you have a Happy Healthy New Year...