Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Sat Jan 8, 2011, 02:18 PM

Exclamation Help wanted in public webinar experiment

Dear all,

I am sitting with a friend who encouraged me to do a unique experiment with the next webinar on 19th. As you might know I am here in Vienna Austria and we have far less patient information and therefore are very happy and enthusiastic seing the development of patient education in the US. I came up with the idea of showing the webinar in a group session with some friends and patients in Vienna.

My friend who gives me a space for this has a room thats equiped with computer projection and sound system, and he is a restless evangelist for distance learning in groups. Here is a video to see his work in what he calls the "videobridges" and "videobridge rooms": http://www.dorfwiki.org/wiki.cgi?Vid...VideoInEnglish. Franz is collecting examples of good and effective learning and he believes that these transmissions can greatly fire the energy for local learning groups.

So I decided to do this meeting next week, and just now we do a rehearsal in Franz's videobrige room. Franz is critical out of his experience with former events that people might be left behind the language barrier, so he suggested me to ask for help: if it could be possible to use the projection of a life chat for simultaneous "subtitling" the webinar, so to say make it easier for people to follow whats going on. When we listened to the Q&A in particular we saw that a visual text translation to german or at least simple visual text in English would be essential to follow.

So thats my question, if anybody would be up to supporting me in this endavour. A person who is able to shortly summarize "on the fly" whats been said and write it down, and - oh heaven if this was possible! - maybe even in German!

Please let me know if this can be made possible!

kindest regards

Margarete
Old Sat Jan 8, 2011, 02:22 PM

possible technical solutions

Any text chat would do, Skype or Google Talk, we can overlay this over the Webinar Window here in our local presentation in Vienna!
Old Sun Jan 9, 2011, 04:34 AM

1/19/11

I wish I could help you. I am signed up for the Webinar also. I am neither fast with the mind, let alone the fingers - and not all that technical smart. Oh - no German either. I am just hoping some one else can help you, and wanted to let you know, that some one is here listening.

Vernette, 85, from Capitola, CA with nasty MDS since 2006,
spouse passed away with MDS in 2000.

Good Luck.
Old Sun Jan 9, 2011, 05:06 AM

German Teacher here!

Ich kann deutsch, obwohl mein Bereich Spanisch war. Ich hab' viel Zeit in Bayern verbracht.

Send me a private message and I'll see what I can do for you.

Ryan
Old Mon Jan 10, 2011, 04:14 AM

>]Ich kann deutsch, obwohl mein Bereich Spanisch war. Ich hab' viel Zeit in Bayern verbracht.

Translation:
>I am German speaking,although Spanisch has been my Domaine. I spent much time in Bayern/Bavaria/Germany.

Das ist ja super, - danke! Ein paar Worte in Deutsch zum Webinar dazu wären da schon hilfreich.

Translation:

That s super, thank you. Some few words in German added to the Webinar-Prsentation would be really helpful.

> Send me a private message and I'll see what I can do for you.

Translation:

Thank you very much, thats what i will do now.

Kind regards,

Margarete