Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Mon Jun 4, 2012, 12:18 PM

Having Meds work Faster

Hello All;

Just a note here - if you are taking any meds that you want to work quickly - DO NOT take them with something cold. Use coffee, tea, or even warm water. Unless, of course - that med is contraindicated with warm fluids. The reason being - your body has to warm up that cold water to its normal 98.6 temp - then the med breakdown begins. Whereas, if you take them with something hot - the breakdown begins almost immediately. Again, I stress - make sure it is okay with the medication, and your Dr. I know when Earl is in pain - it is a whole lot quicker for reaction time. I have yet to figure out why hospitals use ice water to give meds - I guess it's easier for them, but not necessarily for you.
Take care everyone,

Beth