Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Sat Mar 21, 2009, 06:03 PM

Red face son getting better

Will its been over 2 yeras since we were told my son had Aplastic Anemia. They took blood off and on for those 2 years. His counts have been coming up slow. But on March 13, 2009, his counts were real good his hematocrit 37.0, hemglobin 12.0, white count is 5.7, red count is 3.7, plalelets is 13.7. The counts are real good. The doctor has told him that he has to have both hips replaced which is caused by the aplastic anemia. The way they are talking if he keeps doing good they will do one in 3 months and the other hip in another 3 to 6 moths or so. Thank you God for answering all my prayers. God bless everyone.

Last edited by cskidmore : Sat Mar 21, 2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old Sun Mar 22, 2009, 12:24 AM
Owner

What great news! I guess your son didn't need a transplant after all. Congratulations!

I hope the hip replacements go well and give him full strength and mobility again. Please let us know how it goes, and let us know how YOU are doing too. Having a son with AA is tough on parents and you've had to ride the ups and downs for these 2 years, just as he has.