Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Tue Mar 13, 2018, 03:04 PM

So grateful

I am very fortunate to discover this site. I have read some members stories and my heart goes out to all of you searching for answers. I'm 58 with a WBC which fluctuates between a high of 2.1 to as low as 1.6 d/liters. First discovered in my early twenties. Only symptoms profuse night sweats in my late 30's. I did not know this could be an indication of an infection of some sort. Had surgery this year without infection issues. I had thought a bone marrow biopsy would expose the origins but the results (just in today) "inconclusive" was not what I expected to hear. Now after reading member accounts this is relatively common. It was performed by Dr Katz at Smilow Cancer Center in New Haven. My first thought was a second opinion, perhaps another Biopsy. I was told basically at this point to monitor with blood tests twice yearly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.