Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Tue Jun 5, 2018, 06:33 PM

Vidaza alternative

Hi everyone,

Mum had a SCT just under a year ago and has now relapsed. Docs are talking about putting her on vidaza again (which did nothing for her pre transplant). Anyone on anything different for RAEB 2?thanks,

Emma
Old Sun Jun 10, 2018, 06:13 PM

Emma,

I had a small relapse 6 months after transplant and was treated with vidaza for 6 cycles. Prior to transplant, I did not respond to vidaza, but post-transplant I responded pretty well. I have been in full remission since february 2015.

I am sure that response varies from person to person, but i think that from my experience, you may not want to discount vidaza simply because it did not work prior to transplant.

I know that some of the common treatments fall into 1)vidaza/decitabine (with or without) 2) donor lymphocyte infusion 3) conventional chemo 4) new transplant.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.
Old Wed Jul 4, 2018, 10:00 AM

Hi DanL,

Mum finished her first round of azacitidine 2 weeks ago (after having a SCT a year ago) and it has completely knocked her out. She had a DLI on the 12th of June. All of her counts are very low, she is not eating and has had infection after infection (due to low immunity).

She is in hospital now with a high temperature and they can't get to the bottom of her infections. I wonder if she will even make it through another round of azacitidine!

Thanks