Wed Mar 4, 2020, 11:12 AM
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: King City, Ontario, Canada
Bone marrow Failure Awareness Week March 1-7, 2020
What You Can Do for Awareness Week:
- Educate others on bone marrow failure disease. Here are some easy things you can do to teach others about bone marrow failure disease.
- Educate yourself about each specific disease (Aplastic Anemia, Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria (PNH)) on our website so you learn more about what you can tell others.
- Tell at least one new person each day about your disease and what it is.
- Tell people about AAMAC. Direct them to our website for Newsletters and Brochures (which are available to order).
- Use social media to educate others by posting facts and information on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or blogs.
- Participate in a bone marrow/blood drive. Donate blood and platelets for transfusions. If you are able, register to donate stem cells through Canadian Blood Services or Héma- Québec.
- Celebrate your or your loved one’s survival story. Share your journey.
- Commemorate and remember loved ones lost. Honor this memory by telling their story.
- Make a donation in your or your loved one’s honour or memory or purchase a leaf for the AAMAC Tree of Life. To purchase a leaf, please contact the National office at 1 (888) 840-0039 or email email@example.com.
Aplastic Anemia & Myelodysplasia Assoc of Canada