Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > Insurance, Finances, Disability, Veterans Benefits
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insurance, Finances, Disability, Veterans Benefits Your finances, insurance, job issues, and veterans benefits

Old Sun Mar 6, 2011, 06:15 PM

MDS in Vietnam vets/hx Agent Orange exposure

There is hope for veterans(or families) trying to get a service related status for MDS. The AAMDSIF executive director John Huber has posted a "white paper" which can be used to support an application for service related status. It doesn't guarantee an approval but strongly states that there is a well documented association with Agent Orange exposure and MDS. The organization is trying to get official recognition but Mr Huber suspects that may take 2 years. I have used this document to support my patients who are VN vets and have MDS to get a service related status. I can't report success yet but this is a huge step in the right direction. It is absurd that some patients have been approved and others not approved having the same disease! John Huber's e-mail is huber@aamds.org. Hopefully this will give some hope to veterans with this devastating disease and their families.
Old Mon Mar 7, 2011, 03:36 AM
Owner

See the MDS, Agent Orange and the VA for more about this topic.
Old Thu Oct 24, 2013, 11:34 PM

MDS and AO

my stepfather was in the United States Marine Corp from 1950 till 1970 died in 1990 of MDS after years and years I finally had a hearing at the VRO in San Diego Ca on Oct 8th 2013, nexxus letter from physician and everything ready to go then got a call on the 4th of Oct informing me that the VRO would close Mon Oct 7th at 4pm due to gov shutdown been 3 weeks and no word from V.A anyone know what to expext?