Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > Insurance, Finances, Disability, Veterans Benefits
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insurance, Finances, Disability, Veterans Benefits Your finances, insurance, job issues, and veterans benefits

Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 12:24 PM

VA Case File Numbers Where Approval was Granted For MDS

I have fought battles with the VA for years. There were many times when I felt like quitting. I now have a 90 percent VA disability rating. A large part of my VA disability is Agent Orange related. Since I have already passed the "Agent Orange" mine field I do not any longer have to deal with establishing those facts all over again. Earlier this year I was awarded Individual Unemployability by the VA, so i have that part covered as well.

I was diagnosed as having MDS in the fall of 2014. I have read up on MDS. I know that thousands of veterans have MDS, and that many have applied for VA Compensation. I am now ready to tackle the issue of MDS and the VA, as to how it relates to me.

I need your help in assembling a list of all VA Citations where MDS was accepted, and given a VA disability rating with pay. I know that some of you have been working on this as well. If you have a list of VA citation numbers where Veterans were awarded VA Compensation for Agent Orange/MSA issues would you kindly share that listing of VA citation numbers with me.

When I begin to compile my case information I want to include all of these past VA citations, along with copies of all of the citations in my package to the VA. This will save time, and will also make it easier to establish the nexus between MDS and Agent Orange.

To date I have found the following VA Citations:

Your help on this will be very much appreciated.

Sassi AKA Bill
Old Sun Apr 5, 2015, 07:42 PM

BVA Decisions since the beginning on MDS (1992 - 2014)

Attached are all of the decisions from the BVA related to MDS / AML. 203 decisions with 65 approved, 95 denied and 43 remanded back to the region.

If you click on the decision URL, it should take you to the text of the case.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx MDS_2007(1).xlsx (88.6 KB, 40 views)
Old Sun Apr 5, 2015, 09:23 PM

Thank you Bob for the information. I used some of the information that you provided to me previously on the CD to assemble my case file for submission to the VA. I plan to add some of the statistical information you provided above to my file also. I am currently completing adding my VA File number to each page. When finished I will have right at 100 pages of information in my initial case file, going to the VA on MDS. I plan to get it into the mail to the Atlanta Regional VA Office by tomorrow afternoon. I am doing this more for my wife's future use than for me.

Your help is greatly appreciated. May God bless you and keep you safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Macfarlane View Post
Attached are all of the decisions from the BVA related to MDS / AML. 203 decisions with 65 approved, 95 denied and 43 remanded back to the region.

If you click on the decision URL, it should take you to the text of the case.