Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Transplants
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transplants Bone marrow and stem cell transplantation

Old Mon Dec 13, 2010, 11:38 AM

Unhappy Major Transplant Anxiety Now...

Call me fickle. I've been working towards a transplant and as of last week am in remission and scheduled to meet transplant Doctor this Friday. Should be jumping with joy, right? Well the coordinator just called me to tell me I have to do a 24 hour urine collection, ok, I've been in worse positions, but when I asked her if the Doctor will give me other options she said there probably were none for me. I don't know what I expected, but it kind of put me in a bummed mode. I think feeling good gives me a false sense of everything being ok, and it is not.

Anyone been here? I need lifted up. Prayers are requested. Lori
Lori, female age 53 dx MDS-RAEB-II 15% blasts 10-2010. Induc Chemo 10/14/10 for 7 days - results unacceptable so 5 additional days chemo. Complete Remission 12/10/10!! SCT 1-11-11 remission achieved!!! BMB 1-29-11 100% Donor! cgvh eyes,skin (Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick)

Last edited by Lori Patrick : Mon Dec 13, 2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old Mon Dec 13, 2010, 05:58 PM

Hang in there Lori, they did a lot of pre tests for me also, although not the urine one. They just want to make sure you have no preexisting conditions that could complicate transplant.
Jim, MDS RAEB-1 with rare t(6;9)(q23;q34) translocation resulting in DEK-NUP214; dx August 2010 at age 45; SCT Sept 30, 2010 with male sibling match. Follow Progress at http://jimschmitz.wordpress.com/
Old Mon Dec 13, 2010, 06:32 PM

Oh, Lori, I am sending you gobs of prayers. I have been reading your posts since I joined the group. There's so much mental energy a person has to put out to deal with treatment for bone marrow diseases, it's understandable you're feeling down right now. Just know there's a bunch of people out here rooting for you, whatever you decide.
Catherine, wife of Bruce age 75; diagnosed 6/10/11 with macrocytic anemia, neutropenia and mild thrombocytopenia; BMB suggesting emerging MDS. Copper deficient. Currently receiving procrit and neuopogen injections weekly, B12 dermal cream and injections, Transfusions ~ 5 weeks.
Old Mon Dec 13, 2010, 08:15 PM

They are probably just making sure your kidney function is okay prior to transplant. My hospital does urine on all pre BMT patients.
Laura
Old Tue Dec 14, 2010, 01:17 PM

Lori,

One of the worst things about this disease is that almost everything you do to fix it first makes it worse, whether its drugs or transplant.

But you have a great support network, at home, at the hospital, and on this forum.

Hang in there, we're with you!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com