Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Wed Aug 19, 2015, 12:43 AM

Cool bugger

Yesterday was clinic day had bloods done then wait to see the Reg. Had the normal body check discussed how I was feeling etc then came the news blood counts down all except the Hgb. My haematologist then step in and advised us that I should have another BMBT and that was done to-day, he went in twice just to make sure that he had a very good sample as last time it was very diluted, he also took a bit of bone and said that my bone was crumbly. So the Vidaza had been put on hold for now hoping that my cellularity is normal and this is just a glitch. I will up my bone food any suggestion what is the best formula I take Vd & gelatine with multi V & m.
DX rcmd-ra Vidaza 11 months 5 1/2 months of full dose 5 1/2 half dose increasing slowly every month Hgb 99; Platelets 37: WBC 0.9; Neutrophils 0.32
Old Wed Aug 19, 2015, 05:14 PM

What do your blood counts do when you are on Vidaza? Mine bottom out the first week (platelets about 70) and then go up. By third week my platelets are strong (about 250). I had eight cycles of Vidaza before my SCT and four cycles after transplant.
Old Wed Aug 19, 2015, 06:10 PM

Thumbs up bugger

Hi Bailie
Every thing was going fine until they reduce the Vidaza due to my terrible sinus's,( I had to be admitted into hospital over night and put on drugs for it.) then I asked for the Vidaza to be increase and we did.
It wasn't great but things were improving slowly my blood counts are taken just before the next round of Vidaza. The Vidaza has never really increased my ANC or WBC but the platelets did increase along with the HGB. I just don't want be waking up to a mouth full of blood again and really would love to go out to dinner again. O.K. I'm still guttered but now looking on the positive side and praying that my cellularity will be normal. I'm saying to myself I may be slow at improving but I'm Steady.
DX RCMD-RA