Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Fri Aug 28, 2015, 11:44 AM

1st Re-Birthday

Today is my son's first re-birthday, he received his SCT for MDS/AML from an unrelated donor.

He is doing well a little bit of a rash from time to time (GVHD) and is back to work.

He says he feels "normal".
Old Fri Aug 28, 2015, 12:40 PM
Owner

Karen,

Feeling normal is the goal so many patients seek. Congratulations to your son, and to your whole family!

Is your son still on Revlimid?
Old Fri Aug 28, 2015, 12:47 PM

Congratulations to your son. The one year mark is a big one with transplant. It is very impressive that he is back to work already. A cheer to good health in the coming years!

Dan
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.
Old Fri Aug 28, 2015, 01:05 PM

Neil

They took him off it to deal with a rash and I dont know if he started back on it yet as he still has a slight rash which are now thinking is slight gvhd.
Old Fri Aug 28, 2015, 07:08 PM

Happy 1st Re-Birthday to your son.

Glad he feels well enough to go back to work. I had my 2nd Re-Birthday in June. I am not back to normal yet, but I am a' little' older.
Old Fri Aug 28, 2015, 07:17 PM

Congratulations to your son! Love to read the success stories!
Old Fri Aug 28, 2015, 08:31 PM

Thank you. He was actually back to work about 6 weeks after his transplant and finished up his psych residency. Then was chosen for the ped psych fellowship which was his plan before he got sick last year. I was so happy that the hospital had faith in him and his recovery to pick him for the fellowship.