Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Sat Oct 8, 2011, 10:57 PM

Question Biopsy of lymph node showed siinus histiocytoosis-Does anyone else have this as well

Still have big lymph nodes all over my body[7 weeks now].I have severe aplastic anemia-received horse ATG, and Gengraf ,GCSF in 7/2009.Still on Gengraf.Have been in partial remission with platelets never really back since 2009.Transfusion independent though.
The lymph node biopsy showed no lymphomas or other cancers but showed reactive node with sinus histiocytosis and scattered germinal centers.The biopsy showed CD3+,CD20+ and CD43+.All virus ,bacteria and fungal cultures negative.Have also had paresthesias in my hands feet and around my mouth like the dentist has numbed me up.,swollen achy joints and very itchy skin for many months. The nodes are under my chin , neck, armpits elbows , groins and behind my knees.The node removed was bigger than 2 cm and the others are quite big as well.
I would LOVE to hear anyone else's comments as my doctors are not sure about what it is. By the way I am 51 years old --so kind of weird to have these pediatric diseases.
Thanks,Ellen

[57 year old,diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia 4/2009.

Last edited by Ellen McDonough : Sat Oct 8, 2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: forgot something