Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Sat Apr 19, 2014, 06:06 AM

Help~~ Alternative to "Revlimid"

Hi, I found this forum because I need some help with getting authentic generic Lenalidomide (which is more affordable I suppose) for my parent.

My questions:
1) Can anyone help me to sort out what happened to the Indian made "Lenalid"? I know the pharma- company is in some sort of legal dispute with the American one, but what is the implication on generic Lenalidomide?

2) If generic Lenalidomide is not available on the market now, why is everyone around me in China getting "Lenalid" from individual drug vendors?

Any information you know about the drugs might help me make better decisions. Thank you for your help.

John W.

Last edited by John W. : Sat Apr 19, 2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old Sat Apr 19, 2014, 01:20 PM

Hi John,

In India, we get generic Lenalidomide under the names - Lenalid, Lenagio and a couple of others. My mother was prescribed Lenangio, manufactured by Dr. Reddy's lab. If I remember correctly a bottle of 10 caps of Lenangio-5 mg is approx $25-$30. Unbelievable low cost as compared to Revlimid.

Feel free to pm me if you need any more specific information.
Old Sun Apr 20, 2014, 02:07 AM

Lenalidomide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mseth View Post
Hi John,

In India, we get generic Lenalidomide under the names - Lenalid, Lenagio and a couple of others. My mother was prescribed Lenangio, manufactured by Dr. Reddy's lab. If I remember correctly a bottle of 10 caps of Lenangio-5 mg is approx $25-$30. Unbelievable low cost as compared to Revlimid.

Feel free to pm me if you need any more specific information.
Thank you for your reply Mseth.

Glad to hear you are actually using generic Lenalidomide in India and with an affordable price.

My next question is how to buy the medicine from India for individual use. I know it sounds crazy to just buy a prescriptive medicine from a random website but I'm quite desperate to source it.

Sorry I haven't figured out how to "pm" people on this forum, so I can only reply to the thread here.
Old Sun Apr 20, 2014, 09:10 AM

Hi John,

I'm sorry, I do not know how you could purchase this from an online website.

I have had some interaction with an organisation, based in Delhi,India, which deals in importing lifesaving onco drugs to India, their website also mentions that they deal in Indian generics probably for the international market.
http://indianpharmanetwork.in/
You could send an enquiry. This may be more reliable than an online purchase.

Hope this helps. All the Best!!
Old Sun Apr 20, 2014, 10:57 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. View Post
Sorry I haven't figured out how to "pm" people on this forum, so I can only reply to the thread here.
See How do I send a Private Message to another member? in the FAQ.
Old Mon Apr 21, 2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mseth View Post
Hi John,

I'm sorry, I do not know how you could purchase this from an online website.

I have had some interaction with an organisation, based in Delhi,India, which deals in importing lifesaving onco drugs to India, their website also mentions that they deal in Indian generics probably for the international market.
http://indianpharmanetwork.in/
You could send an enquiry. This may be more reliable than an online purchase.

Hope this helps. All the Best!!
Thank you so much Mseth. I'll just go from there and see what I can find.

Best wishes for you and your loved ones!
Old Mon Apr 21, 2014, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Cuadra View Post
Many thanks for your kind reminder.

Regards!
Old Tue Apr 22, 2014, 10:36 PM

Hi John

Hi John did you have any luck with your quest to find that generic lenalidomide??welcome to the site I hope you find it helpful as I have...its so hard to get in australia lots od rules.and regulations.....aussie danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John W. View Post
Hi, I found this forum because I need some help with getting authentic generic Lenalidomide (which is more affordable I suppose) for my parent.

My questions:
1) Can anyone help me to sort out what happened to the Indian made "Lenalid"? I know the pharma- company is in some sort of legal dispute with the American one, but what is the implication on generic Lenalidomide?

2) If generic Lenalidomide is not available on the market now, why is everyone around me in China getting "Lenalid" from individual drug vendors?

Any information you know about the drugs might help me make better decisions. Thank you for your help.

John W.