Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Wed Mar 7, 2012, 08:07 AM

Went to Moffitt new course of action

Hey Everyone:

Well went to Moffitt last week saw Dr. Lancet. Found out I have RAEB II 15% blasts. Vidaza has brought it down to 6% blasts. Dr. Lancet doesnt think that the Vidaza is not going to keep leukemia at bay until tranplant. He is going to add Revlimd. 5dys Vidaza, 21dys Revlimd. They have had some good results with the combination. I have a cromzone (can't spell) that Revlimd has worked on. Have my appt. with the transplant clinic next week. Hope my brother is a match. Found out transplant is covered. I am considered a charity case. I am on disability. Things are started to move. Hope it works. Vidaza is not getting my counts high enough. Have had 4 transfusion and 2 platletts. Lets keep our fingers crossed. Dieing is not an opption. Hope everyone is doing well.

God Bless
Anneg
Old Thu Mar 8, 2012, 02:54 PM

Vidaza + Revlimid

Hi Anne,
Yes, The results from this combination are very good: 71% overall response rate: 14 pts (40%) had a Complete Response and 11 (31%) had Hematologic Improvement, of whom 3 had bi- or tri-lineage improvement. Median time to response was 3 months (range, 1-7) .
http://ash.confex.com/ash/2011/webpr...aper38947.html

This is actually the best results I have seen except a study with Vidaza and a histone deacetylase inhibitor where more than 80% responded. That is several years ago and the results were probably not confirmed when more patients had participated in the study.
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
Old Sat Mar 10, 2012, 08:56 AM

Vidaza + Revlimd

Hey Birgittet

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure. I was told, by Dr. Lancet, That they have had good results with this combo. Just hope it keeps leukemia at bay, until I can find a match. Fingers crossed my brother is a match. Have a great day.

God Bless
Anneg
Old Sat Mar 10, 2012, 09:36 AM

I was diagnosed with RAEB II 15% blasts and they did the induction chemo plus additional 5 days of chemo 24/7 to get my blasts down for my transplant. I did not have any chromosone issues though. Hopefully your brother will be a match. Hang in there and be strong. Blessings, Lori
Lori, female age 53 dx MDS-RAEB-II 15% blasts 10-2010. Induc Chemo 10/14/10 for 7 days - results unacceptable so 5 additional days chemo. Complete Remission 12/10/10!! SCT 1-11-11 remission achieved!!! BMB 1-29-11 100% Donor! cgvh eyes,skin (Caringbridge.org/visit/loripatrick)