Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Fri Jun 7, 2013, 04:29 AM

Just wanted to say hello

Hello to all of my MDS family;
I just wanted to pop in and say Hello. It has been several months since I was here. Earl will be gone for 4 months as of June 08, and it still doesn't seem real. I miss him terribly.
When I went back to Florida - since we had the condo paid for until the end of April - I decided to go house hunting. I found one - built in 2005 - 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and a 3 car garage. Sounds big - but it wil be just fine for me. I can't stay in this house - we had lived here for 36 years before Earl died - and every day it gets more painful here. So - as of the second week of July - I will be a Florida resident. The house was originally built for about 250K - and I got it for less than half of that. It has a pool, and a nice size yard for Hannah. My new address will be 10045 Bluebird Avenue - Weeki Wachee, FL. 34613. I am going to maintain my PA cell phone number, but do have a house phone there. It is going to be a big change, but one that I need. I have had 2 movers come and estimate my move from PA - and one is coming at 10:30 in the AM to give me another estimate.
I am glad to hear that others on the forum and having beter results. Take care everyone.

Beth & Hannah
Old Fri Jun 7, 2013, 07:46 AM

Sorry for your loss we will keep you in our prayer. Try to remember the way he lived and he will always be by your side.

Take care Blair
Old Fri Jun 7, 2013, 08:48 AM

Dear Beth,
I have wondered how you were doing. So kind of you to check in and let us know of your plans. I think a move sounds like a great idea - getting in a new setting - away from the memories although I know he is still with you. Sunny Florida sound pretty good!
Thank you for all your caring and sharing of your expertise - even when things were so difficult for you and Earl.
I wish you well in this new phase of your life.
God Bless,
Sally
Old Fri Jun 7, 2013, 09:27 AM

Hi Beth.....best wishes for your new adventure.....have been wondering how you were doing.
It will be a year for me next month, that my Pal died and am myself surrounded with packing boxes, and memories.... sold our home and moving back to my small town, bought a small home that needs numerous renovations. Most certainly understand not wanting to stay in the home.....
I will be spending a few months next winter in Anguilla doing some volunteer work with the high school kids.....
Take Care
Kate
Old Fri Jun 7, 2013, 10:21 AM

good to hear from you. good luck with your move and please stay in touch.
Old Fri Jun 7, 2013, 01:56 PM

hi beth
sorry to hear that.
and best wishes for you.
Old Fri Jun 7, 2013, 02:52 PM

Good to hear from you Beth.
Wish you luck with the move.
take care.
Old Fri Jun 7, 2013, 06:09 PM

Hi Beth and Hannah,

Welcome to Florida Beth. I can certainly understand how you feel.

I am sorry that I wasn't able to be there for you when you called. It has just been me trying to take care of Dean and my mother, and I was feeling so overwhelmed. Last month my mother passed away, she was suffering for the last six months of her life. My mother was 88 years young, and was never really sick until the last year of her life.

I didn't realize how much I was doing for my mom and Dean until my mother was no longer here. I had been sick all winter, couldn't get better, my doctor told me I was rundown from trying to do so much. I thought I was doing fine, but now I know that I was close to exhaustion. I am finally getting back my strength and health.

Dean isn't doing real well, but he doesn't complain and makes the most of each day. We are in the cancer center or the hospital almost every day, for Dacogen, labs, Neupogen, or transfusions. I think the cancer center has become our second home.

Dean is always tired or weak, but we try to concentrate on the positive, he isn't in pain, and that is good.

Congratulations on your new home Beth! It was nice to hear from you! If you ever make it to Clearwater, please call.

Lots and lots of hugs, Patti and Dean
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013
Old Fri Jun 7, 2013, 11:56 PM

Beth, It is good to hear from you, we are hanging on, the decitibane is holding the leukemia at bay, but the counts stay at critical most of the time, I just get so angry at this diesease at times, well anyway it was good to hear from you....keep us posted....Billy
Billy - Husband of Tina: 31 years old at dx - June 2007 - Stage 3 Breast Cancer - Dec 2008 Stage 4 - Brain and Bone - Nov 2012 - Therapy Related AML. Curently on Decitabine for Therapy Related AML and Herceptain for ongoing Breast Cancer. Weekly transfussions of blood and platelets