Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Sat Oct 22, 2016, 03:42 PM

Acute Myeloid Luekemia

This is my second posting to this site. I am new at this so please bare with me, thank you.

I am presently doing the research for my brother who was diagnosed in 2013 with AML. The doctors assumed it was eradicated from his body but he was diagnosed again 2016 & is back in treatment once again.
He was exposed while either working at Le Moore Naval Base or aboard ship as he was a flight deck crew member-twice in the waters of Vietnam. To this date I have found 2 case files that were granted for AML.

There was a posting by 'Bob Macfarlane' back on or around April 5,2015 to another member by the call sign SASSI07855, apparently one or both of them had the "citation #'s & docket #'s for 65 claims that were approved by the adjudications board for AML or MDS. I am trying to track down this information to help support my brothers claim which was denied by the VA(no surprise there).
Evidence to support his claim will push it through faster if we can sight the law(s) under which it was granted.
If anyone knows how to reach either of these parties, it would be appreciated by my family.

Should any family wish the case files I have located, I have listed them on this page for your research. These will include the C# & D# along with the date filed, which is very important, also if you can not locate it with IE try duckduckgo
Citation #9915488 Docket #97-17-384 Decision date: 06/03/99
Citation #0812788 Docket #08-12-788 Decision date: 04/17/08
Thank you for your assistance.
Old Sat Oct 22, 2016, 04:46 PM

The key for the VA is "in country Vietnam - agent orange-stem cell transplant-aml".

I have had contact with the VA a total of 20 minutes. I was immediately classified as 100 percent disabled. I had all of my medical records in perfect order and they presented well. It is a rough grind to prove exposure to agent orange unless being "in country" or direct exposure to agent orange somewhere. There are many other agents outside of the military that can possibly cause MDS or AML. Has your brother had a stem cell transplant? How is he being treated?