Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > Questions and Answers
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Questions and Answers Not sure where to post a question? Post it here.

Old Fri Jul 16, 2021, 01:29 PM

New here from OH

I am new to this. Just had a fall which caused a compression fracture in the spine and during hosp stay, drs ran tests and mentioned Mgus and some other bone marrow issues. I was kind of loopy at the time since my fall. the dr ordered more labs, d dimer, peri smear, light chains, and many more cbc showed nucleated rbc should be none and I had 3.3 and aninotyosis. I dont know what this all means. will not talk to dr till tuesday on phone. i have a long history of rheum arth since 1983, lung disease interstitial lung disease, cirrhosis from methotrexate...and lots of overlapping diseases. been on ra meds for a long time. can anyone help explain this to me? I am sure a bmb is in my future. i also had vaginal cancer back in 1997 but stage 1. can anyone help me with some info? how high can nucleated rbcs go? I know we are not supposed to have any. can trauma cause bone marrow issues. platelets always been low got down to 54 in hosp but would range around 116 to 127 before falling. live alone so any help would be appreciated husband passed from leuk in 2008