Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Fri Aug 25, 2017, 08:36 PM

Smile was it bad blood

Hi every one on the 8/8/17 I went in to have my normal check up and blood transfusion one bag as my counts for haemoglobin read 105, 3/4's way through the transfusion I got very bad shivers and shakes temperature spike to 38 and a drop of haemoglobin of 105 plus one bag of blood to 90 over a 8 hour period. What I want to know is that they took files of blood and put it into the pink file bottle, do you know what the meaning of different colours on the lid mean, I do know the big file is for blood matching but that is about all DX 2008 RCMD 16% blasts 2014
Old Sat Aug 26, 2017, 03:33 AM

It sounds like you had a reaction to the blood, when this happens they have to follow a protocol for tranfusion reaction, which includes taking heaps of blood samples. I hope thats what you were asking 😊 (nurse).
Now 30yr old. Diagnosed AML dec 2015 (Most likely MDS prior). Trisomy 6. Runx1 mutation also. Had induction and consolidation chemo. Marrow failure ++ so SCT on 21st of March with MUD. Married with a 1yr old!
Old Sun Sep 3, 2017, 10:59 PM

Cool

Thanks for that this what I had thought but my samples went to Auckland then over seas as they are wondering why I should loose so much in Haemoglobin in 8 hours RCMD