Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Fri Nov 28, 2014, 05:55 AM

A late Thanksgiving entry

I wanted to wish all of the people on Marrow Forums a belated happy Thanksgiving day, and express my appreciation for all of the members of this forum, their friends, and their families that support them, and for the very existence of the Marrow Forums.

These forums have been a source of wisdom, comfort, companionship, and encouragement for me as I have fought against MDS for the past 4 1/2 years. We have a lot of struggling members out there today, and I hope that each of you were able to gather together with friends and family today to celebrate the foundations of our strength in the journey against bone marrow failure.

I pray for your strength, happiness, courage, and ultimate victory in the coming days, weeks, months and years. I will finish with a quote that I have read several times in the past few years, especially when I feel lousy.

“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love ...”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Dan
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.
Old Fri Nov 28, 2014, 09:42 AM

Thank you Dan. Your message is not only good for Thanksgiving but every day that we have. I wish you and everyone the best.
Old Fri Nov 28, 2014, 12:23 PM

Dan, a great message every day, especially the quote. Life has changes so much in the last year and a half having CMML and now AML. So much good change when facing death without fear....JOHN
John, 68, Portland, Or. Dx with CMML on 12/1/2013, 3 days before admission for SCT, blasts went to 23%, AML. Did 7+3 chemo regimen. The chemo worked and blasts are 1% and did BMT on 1/1/15.- 12/2/15, ongoing GVHD in eyes. Lung fungus and Bronchiolitis Obliterans (BO).
Old Sat Nov 29, 2014, 05:52 PM

Thank you DanL for reminding us of how much we have to be grateful for. While we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia, I thank God for every new day of life that I am given too.

I add my heartfelt thanks to the Cuadras, and to all the faithful forum participants who encourage, empathise, support and advise.
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.
Old Sat Nov 29, 2014, 09:17 PM

Dan

What a wonderful quote.....

It is difficult to believe it has been 4 1/2 years, as we joined only a short month apart......

Your wealth of information has helped all on this forum, more than you will ever know......it has really been "home" to so many......

Stay well
Kate