Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Practical Issues > Insurance, Finances, Disability, Veterans Benefits
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insurance, Finances, Disability, Veterans Benefits Your finances, insurance, job issues, and veterans benefits

Old Thu Mar 1, 2007, 01:34 PM

Question Vidaza helpfull but expensive need advise

My father was recentley diagnosed with MDS. My parents both have insurance coverage through Medicare but have been denied Medicaid. The cost for this drug is running them (after Medicare) 1000.00 per injection. My father received 2 injections per day for a period of 2 weeks per month. The medication IS helping raise his blood levels however, the cost is just something they simply can not afford. Does anyone out here know of any place one could find help with the expensive treatment of Vidaza?

Last edited by cjohnson0130 : Sun Mar 4, 2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old Fri Mar 2, 2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Helping with the cost of Vidaza

You should contact Pharmion, the company that makes Vidaza. They have reimbursement services for patients through The VIDAZA Patient Assistance Program. You can also call them directly at 866-Pharmion (866-742-7646).

Some other possibilities are:

The Chronic Disease Fund provides financial assistance to cover the 20% co-pays associated with the costs of Revlimid and Vidaza. Their number is (877) 968-7233.

The Patient Advocate Foundation's Co-Pay Relief (CPR) Program provides co-payment assistance for drugs and, in particular, serves Medicare Part D beneficiaries who need assistance. Their number is (866) 512-3861.

There is a list other organizations on our Medical Resources page that might be able to help your parents cover these costs.

Hope this helps.

Ruth Cuadra
Old Sun Mar 4, 2007, 12:02 AM

Thank you so much for your information... I have been searching and searching for any information I can find. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or if you just need someone to talk with.

Thanks again sooo much!!!