Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Tue Nov 11, 2008, 10:53 PM

Starting on Dacogen

Just got word I will start on Dacogen Monday. I've been reading on the pros/cons for the last two hours or so. I hope it helps me... without too many of the nasty side effects. My platelets have dropped to 54 and WBC's to 1.6, other numbers look pretty good. I feel absolutely "normal" at the moment so it will be tough to start this. It's kind of like starting down that slippery slope where I will not feel good for a long time. Would love to hear from anyone about their experience with Dacogen. Thanks!
Old Wed Nov 12, 2008, 08:47 AM

Dacogen

My husband just started dacogen, Monday. Today is Wednesday this will be his 3rd treatment. He will also get 2 units of blood today. So far the only problem he has had is constipation. His counts Monday were hem. 8.6, red blood cell, 2.77, plat. 41, white blood count 1.7. He will be taking treatments for five days, off 3 weeks, then on a week for approx. 6 months. Has anyone been on the dacogen for several months? This is all "greek" to us, he was accidentally diganosed when he went in to have his heart regulated.
Old Sat Mar 7, 2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsocal View Post
Just got word I will start on Dacogen Monday. I've been reading on the pros/cons for the last two hours or so. I hope it helps me... without too many of the nasty side effects. My platelets have dropped to 54 and WBC's to 1.6, other numbers look pretty good. I feel absolutely "normal" at the moment so it will be tough to start this. It's kind of like starting down that slippery slope where I will not feel good for a long time. Would love to hear from anyone about their experience with Dacogen. Thanks!
I started Dacogen in May, 2007 and after 14 cycles of treatment I was declared in total remission in Feb.,2009. For me the side effects, other than fatigue, have not been too bad. The worst side efffect was that I was allergic to the anti-nausea medicine. For whatever reason nobody could figure this out. I averaged less than two hours sleep a night for three months and lost 35 pounds. I was skinny to start with. The only way we found the trouble was I went to emergency room to get rehydrated and the
Dr. started as a pharmacist and he made an instant, correct diagnosis. Dacogen for me was not a very tough deal and the results have been spectacular.