On Thursday, September 24, 2009, Dr. Carlos DeCastro from Duke University Medical Center will lead a 75-minute web-based seminar on Understanding the Long Term Impact of PNH
The free webinar will run from 3pm to 4:15pm Eastern time (noon to 1:15pm Pacific time) and will include a question-and-answer period.
Dr. DeCastro will address long-term and post-treatment issues related to PNH and its treatment. Known long-term complications of PNH include thrombosis, organ damage and kidney disease. In addition, side effects can arise from the therapies, including stem cell transplantation, used to treat PNH patients. A discussion of what is known about the long-term impact of PNH on patient quality of life will also be included. Suggestions for ways to minimize the long-term impact of PNH will also be discussed.
To sign up, visit the Webinar Center
at the AA&MDSIF Online Learning Center
This webinar is the fourth of six webinars on PNH in 2009:
- March 26, 2009: PNH Basics: Current thinking on PNH, its causes, symptoms and diagnosis
- May 21, 2009: Treating PNH: Hemolysis, Thrombosis, BMT and more
- August 6, 2009: Understanding the Complement System and PNH Clone
- September 24, 2009: Understanding the Long-Term Impact of PNH (this announcement)
- October 29, 2009: PNH and Your Health Insurance
- December 17, 2009: Living Well with PNH: Tips & Strategies for Staying Healthy
For more information about the Learning Center, AA&MDSIF Introduces Online Leaning Center