Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Fri Jan 8, 2010, 12:15 PM

MDS: Adding Neupogen to Vidaza/Procrit: Anyone have experience?

I am now starting my fourth cycle with Vidaza. During each 28-day cycle, my blood counts have increased through week three and then dropped the forth week. During the first and second cycles, my hemoglobin dropped to 8.5 by the forth week requiring a transfusion. During the third cycle, my hemoglobin only decreased to 9.6 -- no transfusion needed!

During the same period, my Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC) has dropped from 1700 before Vidaza to the 500 to 800 range. I am going to ask for a consult with my Hem/Onc doctor about the advisability of adding Neupogen to the treatment mix.

I am interested in anyone's experience with Neupogen added to Vidaza/Procrit regimen. What was the Neupogen dose? How was it administered? What were the side-affects? What were the ANC results?

Please advise.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 10:45 PM

Smile Neupogen added to chemo (Dacogen)

First of all, I grew up in Arkansas and certainly know where Eureka Springs is. When I took my Dacogen treatments, almost always, I was given Neupogen as well as Aranesp ( similar to Procrit, I think) shots. Any way, the Aranesp was to build red count. I decided to pass on the Vidaza since I had such an intolerance to decaogen treatments. Feel free to send a personal e-mail if i can help.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 11:11 PM

Neupogen Treatment

I failed to tell the method of treatment of neupogen. These injection treatments were given in the office in the arm...as was the Aranesp shots. Hopefully, my marrow is recovering somewhat from the chemo. Last Dacogen treat ment was February, 2009. Last Aranesp was June, 2009. My white counts are in the lowest normal range...and only in the last few weeks has this happened.