Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Alternative Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alternative Treatments Complementary and alternative medicine; natural and holistic approaches

Old Thu Feb 5, 2009, 05:25 PM

Lightbulb Updated web page on alternative medicine and bone marrow disorders

Hi. Some of you may have visited my old Web page on using N-acetylcysteine and other supplements to help in fighting MDS and similar conditions. The page has been online since 2003, just after my father passed away from sideroblastic anemia. Over the years I have received quite a bit of feedback from people who have experimented with the concepts. For most, blood parameters temporarily improve, the subjective "quality of life" aspects improve, but then blood parameters drop back to previous levels. This feedback, combined with the fact that medical science is finding that more and more cancers and proliferative disorders have a viral (or other pathogenic) component, has caused me to refine my ideas. I have set up a new Web page at:

http://www.bonemarrowhelp.com

I hope you will visit the page as I feel it may be useful to people with any sort of bone marrow disorder. And feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Please note I am not a physician. Thanks.
Old Tue Nov 16, 2010, 09:30 AM

Thanks for the information

Hi SDennis -

My diagnosis is MDS with monosomy 7 . I live in Sylva, NC, not that far from A'ville, and am under treatment by Dr. Friedman (noted that you are in Hendersonville). Seems like many MDS folks, I've lived a healthy lifestyle, natural/organic foods, lots of supplements (many mentioned on your website), exercise, etc. Diagnosis was Oct 2009.

Platelet counts have dropped a LOT over past 3 months, and doc is ready to put me on meds (can't remember which one). This is the major concern. Other blood counts are holding more or less...RBC and hematocrit maybe up a bit, WBC kindof holding.

The platelets are big concern now...and suggestions will be really appreciated!

Kindest regards,
Ken