Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > News and Events
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News and Events News related to bone marrow failure diseases

Old Sun Apr 11, 2010, 11:49 PM

JUNGLE JAM 2010 -Fundraiser for Bone Marrow Disease

Hello-

I'de like to invite you all to Cleveland on Friday May 7th 2010 for A fun night at The House of Blues! We are trying to raise $100,000 of which 100% will go directly to Dr. Maciejewski's research team at The Cleveland Clinic to use to fund research. Our first event in Oct 2008 raised almost $70,000 which he used as "seed money" to start a project. He took his preliminary results to NIH and they awarded him with almost $2,000,000 more to continue his project!

If you can't make it - I am also looking for anyone interested in sharing their story. We will have a DVD loop running (there are about 40 huge flatscreens) all night long with pictures and short stories attached. At our first event it really helped put faces to the disease and it was really touching to see. This will not be posted anywhere (unless everyone agrees) but I will send you a DVD copy if you are on it and want to see the end result.

If you'de like..please send a picture and story to: sherri_ffg@msn.com

you can get more info at : www.makeithappen4bmd.org

Thanks! Wish us luck!

Mom to Annalyse, 6 years old
SAA 8/05 PNH 9/05 ATG 9/05 w/Cyclo
Currently in partial remission
Old Mon May 3, 2010, 11:33 PM

OK - I guess I have to reply to myself here! Alot of people have worked very hard to put this together - Sandra is coming in from AA/MDS -people are coming in from all over the country! should be great! I am still hopeful that you/anyone might send a picture to use for the slideshow....I have very few

sherri_ffg@msn.com

Thank you!

Mom to Annalyse, 6 years old
SAA 8/05 PNH 9/05 ATG 9/05 w/Cyclo
Currently in partial remission
Old Tue May 4, 2010, 11:57 AM

Sherry, I can do something. I am at work right now but will try to get it done tonight after work. Laura
Old Wed May 5, 2010, 11:11 AM

Hi Sherri.

Sorry I missed the part before where you needed photos - I just thought it was an event announcement! I emailed some over to you, but if you need bigger versions, let me know and I can dig them out when I'm at home.

melissa
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)