Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Fri Aug 22, 2008, 11:40 AM

Thumbs up Vidaza receives expanded FDA approval

Hi all,
Now Vidaza has received FDA approval for higher risk MDS. I am afraid I don´t really understand the difference between the expanded approval and the approval 2004 for the treatment of patients with all five French American British (FAB) subtypes of MDS but the treatment result show that Vidaza can have effect.
http://tinyurl.com/6zmz2c
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
Old Tue Sep 2, 2008, 06:15 PM

starting on vidaza

Hi Everyone,
Update on my husband Ed he is currently on exjade 2gm daily for iron overload is getting ready to receive 4 units of blood this week. hgb 7.7 today after 4 units a week ago. Has had 12 shots of aranesp and 2 shots of neupogen. He will be starting on Vidaza on Monday I sure hope this does the trick for him. Has nayone out there had any experience with Vidaza, what are the statistics of sucess? Thanks Brenda wife of Ed
Old Wed Sep 3, 2008, 10:38 AM

Smile starting on vidaza

Hi Brenda,
You asked about experiance with vidaza.I have MDS RARS have been on vidaza for 1 yr. at first it was shots in the stomach 2 each for 7 days every 28 days.at first felt nauseas no appitite but that only lasted the first 2 months.I had 6 trans fusions before i started vidaza & havent had any more since Nov.Had night sweats for a while but vidaza was working,had procrit when my hmg got to low.
A few months ago i started getting it iv with the anti nausea meds with it, for me its much better only 5 days . and feel so much better,no night sweats ,or nausea .Now because ive been on vidaza for a yr will ,only get it every 6 wks
Hope this helps you . Everyone is differant .but vidaza works
keep up the search for information,seems like the more you learn you feel like you have some control.Ask the dr any thing you want to know And keep using the forum,everyone is going through some form of what your husband is dealing with.I really helps,its like a family,
Have a day filled with hope
Eileen
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 09:24 AM

severe thigh muscle pain post vidaza & transfusion, anyone else?

Update on my husband Ed. He is 2 weeks post his first vidaza. Labs wbs 1.3, anc 0.3. hgb 7.1, rbs 2.1, platelets 64. Recv'd 2 units of blood on Thurs. and on Friday had severe leg paian left thigh muscle. Can hardly walk eased a little but today worse,temp 100.3, vicodin doesn't touch it. Anyone out there have a suggestion? Have a call into Hem on call no return call yet.
Old Sat Sep 27, 2008, 11:31 AM

If he were my spouse, I would take her to the emergency room. Infections are very dangerous.

God Bless, Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.