Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > News and Events
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News and Events News related to bone marrow failure diseases

Old Wed Aug 1, 2007, 03:13 AM
Marrowforums.org

Marrowforums Celebrates First Anniversary

Today, August 1, 2007, Marrowforums celebrates its one-year anniversary. Our website and discussion forums were launched a year ago to help patients, family members, and others affected by bone marrow failure diseases by providing information and by hosting discussion forums where they could talk to others with the same concerns.

Aplastic anemia, MDS, and PNH have many of the same symptoms and treatments. But patients share even more: medical issues they face, jargon they encounter, decisions they must make, fears and hopes they have for the future, and the need to know they are not facing their illness alone.

Patients and their loved ones can help themselves and others by joining Marrowforums, participating in forum discussions, asking questions, sharing their experiences with others, and being part of the patient-to-patient support system that makes each of us stronger.

Marrowforums membership has grown steadily since August 1, 2006 and we've gained valuable experience serving our community. We're pleased with the start we've gotten and look forward to supporting even more patients in the coming year. We thank you, our forum participants, for being part of our shared experience.

We invite your comments about our first anniversary in this thread. As always, you can post questions and suggestions about Marrowforums in the Site Comments forum or you can contact us privately about any matter of concern.
Old Thu Aug 2, 2007, 08:58 PM

Happy First Anniversary

I just found out about this site last week by reading my AAMDS monthly news letter. I wish I had had something like this to read when I got diag. with MDS. We were so scared and couldn't find anyone to talk to about this disease, because no one knew what we were talking about.
I am so thankful for the new Drug (Dacogen) that came out. It has been so good for me, and I just went 4 months without any kind of Drugs before my blood counts started going down.
Thank all that has a part in this site, it has made a lot of people happy and it is very educational.

Mr. and Mrs. Kert Key