Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 12:01 PM

Anadrol 50 Alternative

I have been taking Anadrol 50 for 25 years now for my aplastic anemia and I just found out that the only manufacturer has stopped making it permanently. Just wondering if anyone has experience with an alternate drug that similarly stimulates the bone marrow?

Ever hopeful,
Mike
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 01:30 PM

Is this testosterone by chance? I know some here are on Danazol another androgen therapy.

Have you asked the pharmacist if there's a like product for replacement. In the meantime, you may want to do a search on Danazol on this site to see the other threads.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 08:17 PM

Marlene,
Thank you so much for the information. i will look into that as I have only 2 weeks to find a replacement before I have to start and taper these anabolic steroids down. I am also receiving soliris treatments for my PNH which seems to be working quite well after 8 mths so far. I will keep looking as the alternative is quite grim Thanks again for the support,

Life Warrior,
Mike LeVart