Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Alternative Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alternative Treatments Complementary and alternative medicine; natural and holistic approaches

Old Sat Mar 23, 2013, 05:45 PM

5-mthfr

At my last doctors appointment I asked about supplementing Folate based on some recent threads on these boards He didn't have an issue with adding a Folate pill to my diet. There are a few mentions of 5-MTHFR on the site but not much. As far as I can tell 5-MTHFR is the form of folate that the body does not have to convert and some folks have an issue with converting the raw material. I ordered Jarrow Formulas Methyl Folate from amazon it is 400mcg dose which is 100% of the dv. I have no clue if it will help but it seemed like a low risk addition to my daily supplements. I currently take methyl B12, D3,K2 and omega 3.