Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > AA
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AA Aplastic anemia

Old Wed May 1, 2013, 01:38 PM

Question about muscles and soreness.

Hello, I had a MUD BMT for AA going on one year ago in June! For the most part I am doing fantastically, and have returned to many of my previous activities. The problem I have been having, more so than several months ago, is when I exert myself at all, my muscles start feeling lactic acidy. I ride my bike to work, and my muscles get overwhelmed and I breath very heavily. I would push it off as, I am only out of shape. But, two to three months ago these things were no problem. It's to the point where, if I use a screw driver my forearm or bicep will feel very full of pressure, like lactic acid feels.
I told my doctor this and he seemed somewhat concerned. Since I have been in research studies I continue to get blood work every month. But, because of this he ordered a huge panel for me this morning. My electrolytes are all within normal ranges. I have been getting normal draws these last weeks to figure out tacrolimus and sirolimus levels, and my LDH has crawled up these past four weeks. 176, 181, 188, and today 210. I know that these are not very high, and in October and November were 341, 449. So they have been higher. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Brian
Old Wed May 1, 2013, 01:57 PM

Look at your testosterone levels. They need to look at the testosterone, estradiol and progesterone. If testosterone is not optimal, you may want to consider using a topical bio-identical testosterone cream.

John is using testosterone as well nutrients to improve mitochondria which are the cells responsible for generating energy.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.