Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Clinical Trials
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clinical Trials Considering or participating in research studies

Old Sun Apr 1, 2012, 05:33 PM

Subcutaneous Campath Trial

I was treated with Campath at NIH this Feb. I was the second pt. treated by a subcutaneous delivery system as opposed to it being an infusion. I was out- patient the entire time, felt a little flu-y after the first dose and then fine (except for tiredness) I have needed more transfusions since the treatment, though that is what they predicted. I have always had low RBC, WBC and platelets, esp. platelets. Platelets and RBC are starting to stabilize and I expect neutrophils to be down for quite some time. Last transfusion (platelets) was almost 3 weeks ago. I am neutropenic and have been on cipro for a few weeks now. I have needed one blood transfusion since the trial.

I would be happy to share more information about my experience. In general, NIH is wonderful, and the care, superb.

Nadia T
Old Mon Jan 21, 2013, 03:18 PM

Campath NIH question

Hi Nadia,
Thank you for sharing. I am thinking about the Campath trial at the NIH. Do you know why they switcehd from infusion to subcutaneous delivery system? Are both methods as effective as each other? I am nervous as they have a lot of data on the infusion system and not much on the subcutaneous delivery system. Thanks.
Al
Old Sun Mar 17, 2013, 12:48 AM

How r u doing now? I had campath in march 2009 and just had my 4 year follow up
Old Fri Dec 20, 2013, 09:06 PM

I have heard that NIH pulled the Campath trial. Drs outside of NIH are now using Campath sub Q but at much lower doses. Has anyone had experience with this??