Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Bone Marrow Failure Diseases > MDS
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MDS Myelodysplastic syndromes

Old Fri Apr 13, 2018, 10:06 PM

Recent CBC results

I was on a clear-liquid-only fast for a week leading up to this CBC as I had severe diarrhea after a course of Keflex the week before:
Mar 27
WBC 3.6
ANC 0.4
RBC 4.10
Hgb 9.3
Hct 31.9
Platelet 103
Received G-CSF shot with this ANC result but 300mcg rather than 480mcg. (Took 2 Tylenol & 2 Benedryl and had no bone pain at all!!)

I was diagnosed with c.diff right after that last CBC so had been on Flagyl antibiotic for several days before this test:
Apr 2:
WBC 7.5
ANC 1.1
RBC 3.60
Hgb 8.4
Hct 28
Platelet 128
No G-CSF shot with this ANC result

Apr 9:
WBC 4.8
ANC 1.5
RBC 4.29
Hgb 10.1
Hct 33.3
Platelet 140
No G-CSF shot with this ANC result

I will be very curious to see results from next CBC on Apr 16. Would fasting or antibiotics have anything to do with the higher WBC, RBC and platelets? Or if it was from the lower dose of G-CSF, that would mean the higher dose had been driving down the RBC as well as the platelets, which I knew it was responsible for. I also have been drinking one or two cups of Echinacea Plus herbal tea with lemon grass & spearment leaf every day, in addition to the high dose vitamin K2 (MK4) & vitamin D I've been taking for months. I tend to think it was the fasting which is supposed to be able to renew your immune system. I've fasted for 36 hours before and seem to remember better numbers but didn't really pay close enough attention to know for sure. I wonder if I'll be able to fast one week out of 3 every month? I already follow a ketogenic diet for the most part. Would be easier for me than taking Vidaza!

I have some questions about my 2nd BMB results, too, but I'll post about that tomorrow in another thread.
Joanne, 65F, 8/17 dx Primary MDS-EB1, Pancytopenia; 6/19 MPN w/CMML characteristics, dr calling it AML even w/blasts <20%; 7/19 Induction w/Vyxeos resulting in complete remission with incomplete blood count recovery.