Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Drugs and Drug Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Drugs and Drug Treatments ATG, Cyclosporine, Revlimid, Vidaza, Dacogen, ...

Old Sat Aug 17, 2013, 11:57 AM

Cyclosporine without ATG

Hello, was looking for some personal experiences with Cyclosporine on its own without another round of ATG. My sister's counts have been trending down for the past 6 months (ATG + Cyclo in 9/2010). Counts were pretty good after treatment, but now Platelets are around 50, white and red low but not dangerous and neutrophil below one I think.

Just had a BMB a few weeks ago and there has been no mutation in the disease and chromosomes are normal. That being sad she has just started taking Cyclo again this week to hopefully push the counts upward.

Any one have a positive or negative experience using just Cyclo alone to raise counts?

thanks
Old Sun Aug 18, 2013, 09:49 PM

Cyclosporine without ATG

I was diagnosed 4 years ago with Hypocellular MDS. Platelet counts and blood counts were low. Had a blood transfusion and platelet transfusion. Put on Cyclosporine. My counts started to go up. They have been normal for 3 years. I am now on 100mgs of Cyclosporine. However, I never had ATG. Hopefully, your Sister will do well on Cyclosporine
Old Mon Aug 19, 2013, 12:48 AM

My son was dx'ed w/ SAA in 2004. He underwent one round of ATG/CsA. He was weaned and was off all meds for about one year when his numbers began to drop. Cyclosporine was restarted, but at a pretty high dose (400mg) 2X daily to stop the downward spiral. Once a trough level was established and his counts stabilized, they started a very slow wean once again. This up and down pattern has been pretty much the norm since then.

He has never been off CsA since then...