Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Community > Tell Your Story
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tell Your Story Say hello or share your experiences

Old Tue Aug 28, 2012, 01:21 AM

Question HypoCellular Marrow

In 2010 I became very sick and unable to function right all I wanted to do was sleep. I didnt feel good for a long time. I went to my regular Dr and the did a CBC come to find out my white blood cells were at 2.0. I was reffered to a hemotologist and did a bone marrow biopsy come to find out the Dr. did not expect to see what he saw. The only thing he told me was I only have 30% of my white blood cells in my marrow. He told me I would have to get blood work every month. Here I am 2 Years later no answers and no treatment. My blood is all over the place. My mpv and mph are high and low my red blood cells are high and my white cells are still low. I asked him at my last appointment what my diagnosis is and he said for now we will call it Hypocellular marrow with plans for another biopsy in a few months. He thought it was Lukemia at first then Aplasty anemia, now i dont think he really knows. I need help to figure out whats going on with me. Any one know what I should do where do I go from here. Any suggestions
Old Tue Aug 28, 2012, 09:03 AM

Hi Kristina,
There are alot more educated people than me and I'm sure they will give you more information but I thought I would give you the limited insight I have.
It took 6 months and going to the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md. for my husband to get a firm diagnosis - and our oncologist/hematologist is an MDS expert. He started needing transfusions months before he was even diagnosed. Our hema. said that sometimes MDS and Aplastic Anemia (this is the correct spelling) can overlap. Also it can be difficult to tell the difference between the two therefore difficult to diagnose.
If it were me or my husband I would go to another hematologist who specializes in MDS. Maybe some on the forums can give you some suggestions for doctors in your area.
I wish you well.
God Bless,
Sally