Home         Forums  

Go Back   Marrowforums > Treatments > Alternative Treatments
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Alternative Treatments Complementary and alternative medicine; natural and holistic approaches

Old Tue Apr 17, 2012, 10:08 AM

Potatoes for WBC

Hi guys just wanted to share that I read online that if you eat baked potatoes, of any kind (not fast food french fries!!!!) that they will increase your WBC count. I have been rotating between ORGANIC baked sweet potatoes, regular potatoes and yams. I have AA and my WBC are 3.8 right now. I eat baked potatoes once per day and when I stopped eating them my WBC dropped, and then I started eating them again and it rose back up. When I first relapsed with AA my WBC was in the high 1's low 2's. I have not took chemo this time around, only alternative therapy. Please try this with potatoes if your whites are low, and let us know how it works!

Just a note,, my Lymphocyte and Nuetrophil levels are still off,,,, but I haven't been sick for a long time now, and don't have to worry about being sick anymore.

Last edited by glitterandlace : Tue Apr 17, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old Sun May 27, 2012, 06:33 AM

I was trying to remove this post!!!!! I stopped eating potatos because I read they turned directly to starch when you cook them. Since then my WBC count has stayed the same... Not the potatoes. Sorry for posting this. =-(
Old Sun May 27, 2012, 11:39 PM

Potatoes and Starch

GlitterandLace;

If you take your raw potato - and stab it with a fork several times - and then put it into a pan of water - making sure the water covers the potato and let it sit for several hours - a lot of the starch will seep out - just like when you are making french fries and have them in water - the white starch goes to the bottom of the pan. This can be used for either white potatoes or sweet potatoes. This way - you won't get the starch/carbohydrate problem. This is how a lot of diabetics are able to eat baked potatoes, since they have to limit their carb intake. Try it and see if it works. Hope it does, and that your counts continue to improve.

Beth